Friday, June 20, 2014

Becoming a Bike Lady

The new bike, in her element. 

I have found a new obsession. I fought a used racing bike off of Norway's version of craigslist (finn.no) and am now completely hooked.

100km

Within three weeks of taking my first spin on the fuji (a brutal 52km that I am still mad at my coworker about), I had accomplished my first 100km ride. And I've decided that this is the sport for me. I love the long rides, seeing the countryside, pushing my limits, climbing the hills. Who knew that I was bike lady?

The top of a hill, a view earned. 

And because nothing is worth doing if not done all the way, I will be riding in my first long-distance cycling race in a week and a half. 134km from Gjøvik to Oslo, which is actually one of the shorter legs of the Trondheim to Oslo Styrkeprøven race.


The Reward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment